Friday 20 March 2015

Take It Make It Challenge: Winners Profile

Hello!
Welcome to our Winners Profile, showcasing the Design Winner of our last Blog Challenge!
The very talented Design Winner of our February 2015 challenge is

 Amanda Southern

Amanda won the challenge with this fabulous project, showcasing her stunning use of colour and eye for detail:




We asked Amanda a few questions all about stamping (well, we are Craft Stamper after all!)

Q: How long have you been a stamper, and how did you get started?
A: I’ve been stamping for about 5 years and my obsession with rubber stamps started as my 5 year old niece, at the time, wanted to make a card for her teacher and my mum went and bought a few card making bits and bobs to put something together with her. She showed me the finished card and I thought “I wouldn’t mind doing that” and as they say “the rest is history”……..

Q: What are your favourite kinds of stamps, and do you have a favourite stamp company?
A: I have amassed a fabulous collection of stamps over the last few years, some would say bordering on obsessional!! I just call myself a collector! My collection of stamps I would compare to anybody’s music collection, a little bit of this and a little bit of that. My ultimate favourite stamps company is Stampotique I now have over 150 of their wonderful wooden. My current go to stamps are also Carabelle Studio, Dina Wakley and Vivalasvegas stamps.

Q: Describe your style, are you a messy kind of stamper or a more ‘clean and simple’ kind of person?
A: I’m not really a one style sort of stamper I enjoy producing a variety of styles, sometimes the styles I produce depend on the time I am able to spend in my craftroom. I go from multi layered mixed media projects that can take several days to complete to making a clean & simple card in a short time.

Q:What kind of projects do you like creating the most?
A: My favourite project would be one that I have an idea of what I want to do but by playing around with different mediums I watch it evolve into something I hadn’t originally thought of and of course it will always have some method of stamping within it. 
Q: Apart from stamps, what is the one product you wouldn’t be without when you craft?
A: Any type of paints, I love what you can do with paint to create so many different effects and looks to your project either straight from the pot or tube or mixed with something else.


We also asked Amanda to show us one of her favourite stamped creations,  and share why she likes it so much. This is the gorgeous project she has chosen:





"This is one of my favourites as it features stamps from my favourite stamp company, Stampotique. It is an ATB which I love making as you have all the sides to design. All the pieces I have used on it I collected myself from the beach." -Amanda

Congratulations on being our February Design Winner Amanda, and it was lovely to learn a little more about you!

Do YOU fancy having a winners profile all about you on the CS blog? 
The profile is part of the prize package for each Design Winner of our challenges. All you need to do is enter a creation into the challenge, then if you are voted Design Winner everyone will be reading all about you before you know it!

Our current challenge 'Take A Stamp' is still open for a few more days! All the details can be found HERE.

See you next Friday for the announcement of our March Winners! 

6 comments:

  1. Huge congratulations Amanda...a real winner!
    Greetings, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HUGE CONGRATULATIONS Amanda, am not surprised you have so many Stampotique Characters in your stamp collection, they really are the best :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay,Amanda is one of the best crafters out there and all her creations are soooo wonderful but especially this winning one,it's beautifully created
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am pleased to call Amanda both friend and mentor, and am so pleased she has been recognized here for her brilliant work! I have a huge collection of Stampotique stamps, too. Love using them now in my Edgar Allan Poe work. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations again Amanda, and this is nice to read a bit more about you, and see again these wonderful projects :) I think we have a lot in common regarding our obsession of collecting art stamps... :D Crafty hugs, Coco x

    ReplyDelete